House groups are an integral part of church life enabling small groups
to meet in a homely environment for fellowship and friendship.
There are many benefits such as providing a place to:
- To grow in love and grace together in the Lord Jesus
- Encourage and support one another
- Give people a sense of belonging
- Provide pastoral care when needed
- Pray, sing, challenge and search the scriptures as in the early
church (Colossians 3 v16)
- Pray for needs that may arise in our own church family or people in
our local communities
- To give thanks through personal or corporate testimony of God at work
in our lives.
- Talk — People in a small group are more likely to participate
in discussions than in a large group. Since there are fewer people,
there is more opportunity to talk and less room to hide.
- For people to use their gifts and talents to minister to one
God doesn't expect pastors and teachers to do all the ministering. He
has given each of us gifts and talents to encourage, teach, and
challenge one another. Small groups provide the perfect setting for
Christians to minister one to another. (Hebrews 10 v 24-25)
Currently Groups Meet...
Suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic
The group that meets in the Stables has moved online.
See the Church Diary for details.
- Fortnightly on Tuesdays 19:30 in Potter Heigham
This group uses materials published by the Bible Society to aid
its study of the Bible.
- Fortnightly on Wednesdays 19:00 at Brumstead Road, Stalham.
This group works its way through one of the books in the bible.
Turns are taken to lead the bible study. Each member prepares
in advance of the meeting to share what they got out of it.
- Fortnightly on Wednesdays 19:30 in
This group takes the text used in the previous Sunday's sermon and
delves deeper into its meaning and relevance.
- Fortnightly on Sundays 19:00 at Rivermead, Stalham
This group is serves the younger members of our congregation.
Some of these groups take breaks over the summer or at Christmas and
Easter. Check the Diary page to confirm they
are running on a particular evening.
Other groups meet occasionally and Mini Study series are held from time
to time. If you wish to consider starting a new groups contact...